2016 is already shaping up to be a very exciting year for the Mirani Foundation. Dr. Haresh Mirani has decided on 3 organizations to focus on helping this year. One organization is local here in Knoxville, TN, another organization is in India and the final organization is an international organization.
Here are the organizations that have been chosen this year with a little bit of information about the organizations:
Hari Aasro was registered in 1991, with certain aims & objects with the blessing of Maa Haridevi. It Started special school for Mentally Handicapped Children in Mandal building, named -Hari Aasro Bal Vihal, later it was named – “Upaasana” -Hari Aasro. (Recognisied by Government of Gujarat). It shifted to beautiful new own building in 1994, which is build on 1.4 acres open land.
Hari Aasro has orgnised various medical camps, Seminars & many other cultural activities.
Hari Aasro Inauguated “Aradhna” Smt. Gominai A. Bhatia multipurpose Hall in 1995. It has a beautiful “Ullas” “Ratilal M. Sorathia – Children Play Park & it also has its own Minibus donated by Shri Ayub Bachu & Co.
The future plans of Hari Aasro are as under:
- “Archana” Rehabilitation & Care Center: To Make the handicapped self supporting & self dependent.
- Aadhar: The residential wing for homeless mentally retarded & spastic children.
- Ashraya: Happy Home for homeless orphan children.
- Aastha: Staff Quarters
To achieve above – The Trust need at least 25 to 30 laces.
The Government is also being persuaded but the society should also contribute to help the helpless children.
This is the work where we have only to give and “To GIVE IS GODLINESS”
May I therefore request you to join us to help the helpless? Stretch your hands. You are a blessed soul therefore He wants you to become a channel to his work.
TULSI P. ANANDANI
Founder Managing Trustee
Asha for Education is a secular organization dedicated to change in India by focusing on basic education in the belief that education is a critical requisite for socio-economic change. In keeping with this focus, our volunteers are involved with and support projects that are secular and have an education-related component to them. The objectives of this group are:
- To provide education to underprivileged children in India.
- To encourage the formation of various local groups across the world to reach out to larger sections of the population.
- To support and cooperate with persons and groups already engaged in similar activities.
- To raise the required human and other resources to achieve the group objectives.
- To provide opportunities to individuals living outside India who wish to participate in Asha activities in India.
- To address, whenever possible, other issues affecting human life such as health care, environment, socio-economic aspects and women’s issues.
Project GRAD is a national education program known for improving college attendance rates among students. By focusing on improving student achievement and graduation rates, college and career path readiness, and college completion rates, Project GRAD works to ensure academic and professional success.
Project Grad Mission
In partnership with Knox County Schools and the communities we serve, Project GRAD Knoxville impacts generational change through education. Our K-16 approach focuses on:
- College and career access and success
- Social services support
- Family, neighborhood and community engagement
- Intentional support for disadvantaged students